Thursday, February 22, 2007

WTF

Ok now I have heard everything!! This morning I watched Dateline NBC that I recorded earlier. You know the ones titled "To catch a Predator". Well they were in Murphy, Texas doing their thing. I am so glad that they are showing all of this so the perverts can see they will be caught!!! Well lo and behold they get a 59 year old Prosecuting Attorney to start chatting and sending pictures to what he believes to be a 13 year old boy. He doesn't take the full bait and go to the house, but in Texas just sending the perverted pictures to a minor is a felony. The police get a warrant and go to his house to arrest him. He takes the chickens way out and kills himself to save the citizens of Murphy (the tax payers) money on a trial. In his house the police find three computers that they were unable to see what was on the drives because they were locked in such a way that they had to be sent to a special company to find out the contents. They think that what is on those computers could be worse than what they went there to arrest him for in the first place, but they really don't know.
We find out later that his sister goes to the town council and complains to them that they should not have allowed all of this to happen! That they have acted reckless and that her brother is a victim! She also blames Dateline NBC for this. He never came to the house. He didn't even know Dateline was involved. Can you believe this sh*t??? All right I do feel sad for her loss and I do grieve for the family but wtf this so called man was trying to have sex with a young boy! His sister is upset that they caught him. She says that Dateline is responsible for his death. I think that the responsibility lies with his own actions! How can one blame anyone but the brother who committed suicide. The show before this one also had a few towns people go to the town council and complain. They said they didn't want perverts gathering in their town. Well guess what people they are there, and they are all around us. They just look like you and me. They don't have big letters on their foreheads that tell you what they are. You wouldn't know one if he or she came up to you on the street. They could be any age or sex. Yes! I did say any sex. You just don't hear of many females as perverts but they are out there.
I for one am glad that Dateline NBC is out there along with the company called Perverted Justice catching these so called people. I wish they would come to my neck of the woods. I would be glad to let them use my house anytime they want to. Wouldn't any parent???
Well I'll get off my so called soapbox as my wife calls it that I am on now and go back to my regular posts. I will leave the Rants label open for more because I do get on my soap box once in a while.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

I love that show, but I wouldn't let Dateline use my house. I don't want to clean up.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

This is such a difficult subject. It's a felony offense to have sex with someone who's 17 years and 364 days, but one day later you can have all the sex you want. However, some people are ready and responsible at younger ages, while others aren't even after 21.

I agree 13 is too young, but wish we could devise a more flexible standard that takes into account different levels of maturity.

Now the media intrusion, I agree, can be wrenching . . .

8:30 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Hey, thanks for a visit, you need thumbnail photo now.
I watched alot of those predator Dateline programs, I think it is necessary that they are exposed, it's so wrong what they are doing.
The best part is when they are sitting waiting at the kitchen counter and the cameras come in. It's amazing what comes out of the mouths of these guys once caught.

So what made you get married the third time?

9:08 AM  
Blogger NeverEZme said...

mist1: The cleanup would be in the contract. LOL

cherrie: It is just like the drinking age. I get your point but they have to start somewhere.

tkkerouac: I nevr watched Dateline until I saw the predator show. I also think it is funny as to what they can come up with. Yea I beleive you were just going to talk with her/him.
Well I guess you could say third time is a charm. I'll let you know. LOL

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home