Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ice Box

Wow it's cold outside. Yes I know that our friends up north have it much colder than I do but Wow! Still it is below zero for the 4th night in a row. It doesn't get any warmer during the day so I am told either. I work midnights so I am sleeping during the daytime. They say it is going to warm up in a few days up in the double digits! It isn't much but it will do.
I have been reading a few blogs with co-worker problems. I think this is a growing problem also. Last week I ask my co-worker to do something and I would do the other . Guess what? Yea you guessed it I found out tonight that he was doing the exact opposite of what I had asked. You ask why would I care, well I 'll let you know. He is a new hire and had only been employed with our company a few months and he is just learning. You would think that he would listen and do what was asked of him while he is trying to learn the job. I am suppose to instruct him on what to do until he has it down. We tells me tonight that we should do it his way because change is good. Heck why bother with what we have been dong the past 15 years. The new guy knows what is best. I tried to explain how things are done and who we have to answer to and he tells me that we need to change. How are you suppose to instruct some one with that type of attitude? We are getting farther and farther behind in our duties and I couldn't figure out why until tonight. It is not that I wasn't willing to listen to him and do it his way. It is because a few years ago when I was the new guy I tried to do it his way and it didn't work. We got the same results. When I tried to explain that to him he told me that Well we'll just have to try it again. GO figure!!
My wife and I are going to the HOUSE OF BLUES in Chicago for St. Paddy's Day again this year. A really good Irish Band Gaelic Storm is playing there. They were there last year and they were awesome. They were in Bay City last fall and we saw them at the State Theater. That theater only held about 150 people and it was like they were in our own home. We sat only about 10 feet away from them. My wife is Irish and I am of Polish decent. My sister-in-law lives in Chicago so we have a place to stay. She works in the Sears Tower and lives in Printers Row in a nice Condo.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home